Friday, January 21, 2011

Horseradish

And if there is not any such thing as a long time, nor the rest of your lives, nor from now on, but there is only now, why then now is the thing to praise and I am very happy with it. - Ernest Hemingway in the Zen Calendar (September 24, 2002).

Existence begins in every instant. - Fredrich Nietzsche in the Zen Calendar (May 5, 2006).

Day 353.  Safely home from the bored - I mean Board meeting.  There is a quote from the favorites pile that I pass up every single night, wondering what in the galaxy possessed me to qualify it as a "favorite."  Now I know.  It is the perfect quote for a post following attendance at a board meeting:

To a worm in horseradish, the whole world is horseradish. - Yiddish Proverb in the Zen Calendar (August 19, 2006).

Wow.  It it tempting to end the post right there.  After several contemplative moments, I've decided that I will.  I think this tiny sampling of writing is robust enough to stand on its own.

Gassho,
CycleBuddhaDoc


No comments:

Post a Comment