Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Shortest of Blogs

You cannot avoid paradise. You can only avoid seeing it. - Charlotte Joko Beck in the Zen Calendar (October 8, 2007)

Day 42. Mountains, sunshine snow. Mountains, sunshine, snow. Ski 'til you drop. Meditate a little, blog a little. Not a bad lifestyle at all.

The perfect storm of circumstances threatens to prohibit the production of a blog today. But I committed to post a blog every day, so I'm trying to write something coherent in about five minutes. Hard to be profound. Easy to be grateful. I have breathed through so many things over the past few days. There is a quote from the movie "Four Weddings and a Funeral" that has planted itself in my mind. Hugh Grant's character says, "I need to be where people are not."

I will make the greatest writer ever, if they are generally introverts. A mountain full of Spring Break revelers is a good thing right up to the point where they start crashing into one another. I am extremely grateful that none of our party crashed into anything other than fresh powder. I am running out of time, so I will edit this post profoundly at my first opportunity. Until then, I will be thinking about a room of my own!

Gassho,
CycleBuddhaDoc

No comments:

Post a Comment