Friday, December 3, 2010

Pleased, Not Proud

We must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose. - Indira Gandhi in the Zen Calendar (November 20, 2006).

Day 304. Peak Experience! I have been to the Cloud! It gets even better. I have been to the Cloud to edit my son's paper on Cloud Computing. How perfect is that? Meta Clouding! It is an unprecedented first in the history of my interaction with technology to partake of a technological advancement within the first decade of its inception. I'm feeling extremely (though non-egotistically) hip! Not to mention I got to read a super cool paper for his MIS class. We could simultaneously see the paper and mutually watch the editorial activity of the other -- all the while accessing our work in progress in real time. I'm going to consider the milestone as preliminary practice for future work with the editor of my novels. Wow. Apparently, that state of non-egotisticalness was a short lived phenomena!

I am cautiously optimistic that my Flight into Reality has landed for the weekend. Or maybe for all time. I am proud -- I mean pleased -- with the equanimity I maintained during this frenetic week. I remained exquisitely mindful of my zazen practice, and drew from it the entire week like an ironman (woman) draws from her glycogen stores. Perhaps I am learning to be still in the midst of activity! I have always felt vibrantly alive in repose, but I doubt it is the version to which Indira Gandhi was referring. My vibrancy most likely emanates from overactive neurons and raucous Monkeys.

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I have an inexorable need to get my butt on the cushion. Who am I to question such zealous compulsion to meditate? Stay tuned.

Gassho,
CycleBuddhaDoc

No comments:

Post a Comment