Thursday, December 16, 2010

Keep It Snappy, Revelers

". . . so keep it snappy, Revelers." - A portion of my brothers Facebook status today.

Day 317. Another night of cardiovascular baking. I considered using my CamelBack to stay hydrated as I logged the laps around my kitchen. At one point, I may have needed a couple of salt tabs. If that ain't holiday enthusiasm, I don't know what is. Zen in the kitchen is a lot of fun. It involves two of my favorite things: Mindfulness and precise measurement. Even better: precise measurement WHILE being mindful. An OCD paradise. No room for Pesky Primates when I'm juggling three recipes simultaneously. I wonder if anyone has ever been enlightened while meticulously combining the white chocolate chips with the oatmeal batter "in several additions." I may be the first. Pretty sure I at least skimmed the outskirts of Nirvana tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment